If you want access to the cheapest and most effective distribution channel available today, you need to share your investor pitch deck online.
We have covered the pros and cons of sharing your investor pitch deck online and the benefits outweigh the disadvantages, however, it is good that we keep both in mind.
Pros of sharing your pitch deck online
- Reach a wider investor audience
- Reduce time wasted on non-funding pitches
- It is a “publicity stunt”
- Allows you to be more open with investors
- Get feedback from professionals around the world
You run the risk of facing a few negative consequences when using this tactic. some of the risks are not as relevant as the benefits especially if you are an existing business with proper due diligence. For example, you don’t leave some really sensitive information in the public domain.
Cons of sharing your pitch deck online
- Lose control over your company’s story due to multiple interpretations
- Reveal details of your company before you are ready
- Give competitors an upper hand
- Risk of having your unique idea stolen
Avenues to share your pitch deck include but are not limited to the following.
- Angel Investment Network
- Angel List
- Circle Up
Other websites that accept user content such as
Social Media Platforms
- Facebook Groups
- Instagram (using bio links)
- LinkedIn Profile and Groups
- Stumble Upon
You can send personalized emails to selected people on your list (spamming is an efficient way to let people know about your great idea)
Document sharing sites
You can make use of the following websites to store your pitch deck so that we people can access them using a shareable link
- Google Drive (share the link)
- Dropbox (share the link)
- DocStoc (share the link)
Ultimately, sharing your pitch deck online can be time-consuming, but it can also make your startup stand out from the crowd. While not all of your submissions will work wonders, you never know where you might find a great audience that appreciates your idea and won’t mind hearing a little more about what your business is trying to do and this can lead to investment and other types of partnerships.